8:30am to 2:00pm
Hike: Ventana Canyon to Maiden Pools for Saturday, January 22, 2022
Hike Leader, Nate Crook
- Sign Ups are not necessary.
- With all hikes, please review the distance and elevation gain to decide if this hike is right for you.
Please be prepared with the following:
- Good hiking/trail shoes.
- Sun/weather protection (hat, sunglasses, sleeves, sunblock etc)
- Water, water and more water! Feel free to bring an energy bar or two as well.
- Trekking poles may be useful to some on this hike.
Ventana Canyon to Maiden Pools Hike Information
- Meet at the Health and Fitness Facility at 8:30am to carpool to the trailhead.
- Description: The trailhead is at the Lowes Ventana Resort. The Hike winds through hotel and residential property easememnts before entering the canyon. The elevation change is quite gradual until approx. 1 mile before the Maiden Pools at which point the trail becomes quite steep with switchbacks until the pools are reached.
- Length: 5.6 miles
- Elevation change: 1,300feet (most of which come at the turnaround point)
- Approximate Duration (including travel): 5 hours