8:30am to 1:00pm
Hike: Pima Canyon for Saturday, January 8, 2022
Hike Leader, Nate Crook
- Sign Ups are not necessary.
- With all hikes, please review the distance and elevation gain to decide if this hike is right for you.
Please be prepared with the following:
- Good hiking/trail shoes.
- Sun/weather protection (hat, sunglasses, sleeves, sunblock etc)
- Water, water and more water! Feel free to bring an energy bar or two as well.
- Trekking poles may be useful to some on this hike.
Pima Canyon Trail Information
- Meet at the Health and Fitness Facility at 8:30am to carpool to the trailhead.
- Description: Pima Canyon is a frequently traveled trail following the floor of Pima Canyon in the Catalina Foothills. There are many turn around points along the trail, but it can also be followed up to Mount Kimball. We plan to turnaround at the 3 mile mark. The elevation change on the trail is pretty consistent and gradual until the turnaround point at which it gets slightly steeper for a short distance.
- Length: 6 miles
- Elevation change: 800 feet
- Duration (including travel): About 4.5-5 hours.