2:00pm to 3:00pm
Hike: Honeybee Wash for 2021-12-22
Hike Leader, Nate Crook
- Sign Ups are not necessary.
- With all hikes, please review the distance and elevation gain to decide if this hike is right for you.
Please be prepared with the following:
- Good hiking/trail shoes.
- Sun/weather protection (hat, sunglasses, sleeves, sunblock etc)
- Water, water and more water! Feel free to bring an energy bar or two as well.
- Trekking poles may be useful to some on this hike.
Honeybee Wash Information
- Meet at the Health and Fitness Facility at 2:00pm to carpool to the trailhead.
- Description: This hike is a well traveled hike close to Stone Canyon. The trail follows a wash (and is therefore quite sandy and occasionally has small amounts of water present). At the 1 mile mark, there is an old rancher’s dam marking the turnaround point of the hike. Just beyond the dam is a large rock with petroglyphs that can easily be viewed.
- Length: 2 miles
- Elevation change: Minimal
- Duration (including travel): 1-2 hours